This past week was very emotional for me. I hit a low on Wednesday with a huge headache and most likely a fever. It was a combination of my long work schedule, hard training and the turmoil present in our country.
I’ve thrown together a few resources that have helped me understand and also ways to support if you don’t have the money. Use your voice, the time to act is now before this administration becomes
“the new normal.”
Indivisible Guide a resource for those choosing to resist Trump
Feministe a list of what has happened in the first 7 days of Trump’s administration
Everyday Feminism a guide to feminism and educational platform for social liberation
9 Scary Changes To The White House Since Donald Trump Was Sworn In via Bustle
5 Calls spend 5 minutes, make 5 calls to your government officials
It is also VERY IMPORTANT to support journalism now more than ever. Just like Hitler was able to brainwash the German people by controlling the media, the Trump administration is creating a distrust in reporting because he does not like what they are saying, even though it is true.
Together, we can fight this!
A word about Panned Parenthood, as I know this is a huge deal breaker for many people and most likely why Trump got elected:
- Affordable primary, preventative, and reproductive healthcare
- active lobbying to protect women’s reproductive rights in the US
- Increasing global access to health services
- Providing practical information about family planning and disease prevention
- preventing about half a million pregnancies a year in the US
- providing about half a million Pap tests and breast exams each year
- Only 3% goes toward abortions and related services