I receive products from Barney Butter in which to make recipes and enjoy. I think you will love their products as well, so feel free to head over and check them out!
I missed having an oven at my old apartment. Sure, I learned how to make many traditionally baked items in my toaster oven and microwave, but it simply was not the same.
I remember when I visited my current apartment for the first time to discuss the leasing agreement, my [now] roommate Lesley was baking banana bread.
It smelled HEAVENLY.
She pulled out the loaves just as I was leaving to go to a bridal shower, but seeing and smelling that bread solidified what I was going to bake first thing once I moved in.
Last week, I moved into this apartment and I cannot believe it has taken me this long to bake! Actually, I sort of can because I’ve been a bit busy
at my jobs, running and getting my bearings back in Ithaca [reading the Outlander book series obsessively].
It seems all I needed to do was get a little push from Lesley “Please use up all the frozen bananas in the freezer” and a bit of extra time [between book chapters] to put my apron back on.
This recipe uses bananas, almond flour and almond meal conveniently making it gluten free as well as completely vegan. There is an oil free option which I have used previously and it tastes good but well…oil is just my jam so I use it.
I used Barney Butter almond flour and almond meal for this recipe as I find the quality just enhances the taste.
Even though I work at a bread and bagel shop, there is nothing quite like banana bread for breakfast in the morning. My co-workers quite agree and you will too! Make this bread and send me a shout out on Instagram!
Easy Almond Banana Bread
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
- 1 T flax meal
- 3 T water
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oil (or applesauce)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 cups of almond slivers, divided
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch load pan.
- Combine flax meal and water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, almond and vanilla extracts, oil and sugar, stirring until evenly, but not overly mixed.
- Add flax meal and water mixture to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the same bowl.
- Stir so there are no flour lumps, but still lumpy.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of almond slivers.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch loaf pan.
- Top with the rest of the almond and extra brown sugar if desired.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.