This recipe is a great snack for athletes with a sweet tooth, but also needing some energy to both get them through the day and recovery from their last workout. Chocolate and almond butter provide great flavor with an air of decadence. Try these today!
When I first made these balls, it was an experiment to see how many different derivatives of the almond I could use. Barney Butter, a company whom I love and am an ambassador, sent me a generous package of all their new stuff to try.
Single serving pouches!
Almond meal and almond flour?! I totally had to make something!
Almond flour is very hearty and naturally gluten free. I enjoy the taste and texture it gave these balls and it can’t hurt that they are perfect for a few of my training partners who avoid gluten. These balls back a serious nutritional punch, but I also ate them for dessert at night. No, they aren’t a cookie, but sometimes I don’t want a sugar rush before bed.
Also, for all the awesome people who read my blog, you can use my code EatRun20 for 20% off your next purchase at the Barney Butter website!!!
Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Balls
|Prep:||Yield: 24 balls||Total:|
- 1 cup almond butter (I use Barney Butter smooth)
- 2/3 cup almond flour (I use Barney Butter almond flour)
- 1/3 cup almond meal (I use Barney Butter almond meal)
- 1 T almond milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- Melt almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla together in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir to combined in a medium sized bowl. Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix until a sticky but firm texture is achieved. Roll into inch sized balls. Coat in extra protein powder or cocoa powder.